Filling Up of Vacancies in Rajbhasa Services: PY 2015
With due regards we would like to submit as follows-
1. AINBOA has been submitting to bank, both formally and informally, its reservation and apprehension in respect to banks decision to have a common written test for Grade ‘C’ to ‘D’ promotions for the officers of ‘other Services’ along with ‘RDBS’ officers. The officers from the ‘Other Services’, who are employed and deployed by the bank for specific role assignments naturally find themselves at receiving end while being tested on the subject matter which pertains to RDBS services.
2. We had repeatedly requested the bank to adopt the system prevailing in RBI where at, officers from ‘Other Services’ are tested on separate set of questions pertaining to their domain of profession only.
3. Unfortunately bank has not acceded to our requests which has resulted in non-fulfilment of vacancies, especially in grade ‘D’ during the panel year 2014 due to want of required number of officers qualifying for interviews.
4. This year too, our apprehensions have proved to be true as we note that not a single officer from Rajbhasha who wrote their promotion test for PY 2015 could qualify for interviews for promotion to grade ‘D’. This in turn means that vacancies for the panel year 2015 may not get filled up again during this year too.
5. This will not only set in demotivation among deserving officers from Rajbhasha who have already put in more than a decade of service in Grade ‘C’ but will also lead to some sort of reverse discrimination among the officers community.
We, therefore, earnestly request you to use your good offices in ensuring filling up the already declared vacancies in Grade ‘D’ for Rajbhasha officers. Thanking You
Yours Sincerely ,
(Dr D S Chauhan)