The Chairman 27/08/2012
Head Office, Mumbai
Decisions taken on 10/07/12 by your Good self- Implementation thereof
Please refer to the discussions held with your good self on 10/07/2012. In this regards we are constrained to note that even though more than 45 days have elapsed many of the agreed upon and decisions as promised by you and as outlined in the minutes dated 10/07/2012 issued by the bank/HRMD have not yet been implemented. Our persuasions with CGM HRMD have not yielded any results. Rather evasive and back tracking statements are being provided to us from him. We would like to precisely bring to your kind notice the following-
1. In spite of the agreed upon decision that no officer shall be made to suffer on account of implementation of HRMS, the position remains as grim as it was on 10/07/2012 in so far as the transfer bills are yet to be settled-in spite of the fact that almost officers have already expended huge amounts on the transfer process, availing of housing loan, vehicle loan, consumer loan and many other such advances remains a cumbersome process with time lag running into months together. Many of the modules are yet to be made operative and to rub the salt on the wounds-contrary to your directions given during our meeting on 10/07/2012-the HRMD has issued a circular indicating that no physical/manual applications will be entertained.
2. That the HRMD has almost denied to get the software rectified in spite of the fact that it is beset with numerous operational problems which are causing grave discomfort to official and it is leading to adversely affect the efficiency and productivity of the office.
3. DDMs in general and specially those posted in remote districts-where availability of power and internet connection is not available most of the time, are being subjected to not only great inconvenience but are forced to incur financial losses too.
4. Your Good self had very categorically indicated that agreed upon perks and facilities of the officers shall not be curtailed due to HRMS and parity with RBI in respect of all financial facilities and service conditions shall be preserved but disparity on this account in respect of the following still remains as hitherto-
A) Transfer related expenses i.e. Goods transport and car transportation have still not been made at par with RBI (curtailed by the bank due to HRMS)
B) Late sitting entitlements to officers are not at par with RBI (curtailed by the bank due to HRMS)
C) CGM/OIC Discretion of allowing up to 10% over and above the eligible leased rentals to officers as prevailing in RBI is still not implemented resulting in many officers paying additional lease rent amounting to few thousand rupees from their pockets..
D) Local conveyance Expenses are not at par with RBI (curtailed by the bank due to HRMS)
E) All the declaration based reimbursements such as brief –case , spectacles telephone etc etc are not at par with RBI (Changed by the bank due to HRMS)
F) Providing of additional FRSO to officers left with less than 6 months of services
G) Ph.D allowance and special allowance to Principal/director/VP/JD of training establishments’ not at par with RBI.
5. It was very clearly told and agreed upon by you that retirement review process will remain unchanged and retirement review shall be taken-up at the age of 55 only by the committee as hitherto and the clause inserted in the PAR regarding suitability of an appraise officer to continue in services shall be deleted has not been honored yet.
6. It was promised by you that promotion exercise , specially in respect of Panel year 2012 for grade ’A’ to ’B’ and ‘B’ to ‘C’ in RDBS services shall be initiated shortly after discussing the number of vacancies etc. with NBOA latest by last week of August’2012, however nothing has moved on this account too.
7. The assurance on unilateral decision of not allowing DDMs to retain leased flat/staff quarters at old centres in respect of 61 districts shall be reviewed and till it is sorted out the DDMs shall not be forced to vacate the quarters in mid of the session has not been honored.
8. The promise for conduct of JCC to discuss all the other impending issues shall be held latest by 3/4th week of August’12 too remains unfulfilled.
9. It was also promised that the recommendations of the CGM’s committee on the Promotion Policy based on promotion policy in vogue in RBI shall also be discussed with NBOA before reaching a final conclusion has also not been adhered too.
VERY PAINFULLY WE NOTE THAT WHEN WE TOOK UP THE ABOVE ISSUES WITH CGM-HRMD HE DID A VOLTE FACE ON ALL THE ISSUES AND FORWARDED ARGUMENTS WHICH ARE IN CLEAR CONTRADICTION TO THE DECISIONS TAKEN AND PROMISES MADE BY YOU ON 10/07/12 AT THE MEETING HELD IN PRESENCE OF BOTH THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS AND THE CGM-HRMD HIMSELF.
As such we request-
1. An immediate audience with you on 27/08/2012
2. Holding of JCC to discuss all the unresolved issues in the first week of September’12.
3. Put a hold on vacation of leased flat/staff quarters till JCC is held.
AINBOA is also constrained to request you to replace the present CGM-HRMD with the senior most CGM stationed at Mumbai (as was done earlier) so as to restore conducive industrial harmony in the Organization as he is instrumental in taking most of the decisions to deny/dilute the parity with RBI and also subvert the process of natural justice in many cases of officers in clear violation of the established rules , procedures and practices..
(Dr D S Chauhan)
CC to ED (SKM) and ED (VRR) for information.
(Dr D S Chauhan)