ALL INDIA NABARD EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION (AINBEA), MUMBAI
ALL INDIA NABARD OFFICERS ASSOCIATION (AINBOA), MUMBAI
(JOINT COORDINATION COMMITTEE)
Congratulations on the Solidarity shown by each and every one of you on the Joint call given by the AINBEA & AINBOA for boycott of Celebrations on 12/07/2012.
Consequent to this and realizing the gravity of the issue and the brewing high level of resentment and discontent among the Officers and Staff of NABARD the bank has invited the Joint Coordination Committee to discuss all the issues on 10/07/2012. The Meeting under reference was attended by the Committee members (Except Sri RanaMitra, VP AINBEA and Mr Deshpande of Pune RO unit of AINBEA due to their pre-occupations). The bank was represented by Sri P.Baxi, Chairman, NABARD, Sri S.K.Mitra, ED, NABARD, Sri Ram Krishna Rao, ED, NABARD and HRMD officials.
The following Issues were discussed and decisions arrived at-
1. Parity With RBI in Service Conditions & HRMS- The committee apprised the chairman that after implementation of HRMS many a circulars have been issued on ‘simplification of procedure ‘ leading to diluting/altering/reducing the existing monetary benefits to Officers and staff of NABARD , resulting into deviations from hard earned , legitimately available and statutorily backed parity with RBI in our service Conditions. Ex. Curtailment in Transfer Benefits, Local Conveyance, late sitting compensation, OT related payments, FRSO etc etc. The committee also pointed out to ever increasing operational problems resulting out of ill conceived rolling of HRMS package which has resulted into large scale difficulties for the employees.
The Chairman expressed his surprise on this state of affair and remarked that the ‘Intent of and utility of HRMS is in cutting down transaction cost and there is no question of cutting/curtailing the Employees benefits ‘. He further indicated that there is neither the design nor the intent of diluting the parity with RBI vis-à-vis our service conditions are concerned. He also elaborated on the necessity of keeping excellent professional relations with RBI so as to ensure better future for NABARD and its employees. He also indicated that automation and HRMS are need of the hour but its implementation should not result into difficulties for employees. He also called upon both the associations to persuade their members in respective units to forward all the required data to HRMS cell at HO so as to ensure early implementation of all modules. Associations ensured all Cooperation on the issue.
A) CHAIRMAN THEN INSTRUCTED THE HRMD-PPD TO REVERT BACK ALL THE CIRCULARS ISSUED IN THE RECENT PASS WHICH HAS RESULTED IN THE DEVIATION/CURTAILMENT AND REDUCTION OF BENEFITS SO AS TO RESTORE ALL THE FACILITIES AT PRE HRMS LEVEL.
B) CHAIRMAN ALSO INSTRUCTED AND AGREED TO REVISE OTHER BENEFITS SUCH AS LTC REIMBURSEMENT, MEDICAL FACILITIES ETC. WERE DEVIATIONS ARE PERSISTING VIS-À-VIS RBI.
C) CHAIRMAN DIRECTED FORMATION OF A COMMITTEE COMPRISING OF CGM-HRMD, CGM FROM SOME OTHER DEPARTMENT, TWO OTHER OFFICIALS AND TWO MEMBERS FROM ASSOCIATIONS SO AS TO LOOK INTO ALL OPERATIONAL ASPECTS OF HRMS AND SUGGEST MEANS AND SOLUTIONS TO SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS. HE ALSO INDICATED THAT IN CASES OF EXIGENCIES LIKE MEDICAL , HOUSING LOANS , CAR LOANS ETC. IF HRMS PACKAGE IS FACING SOME PROBLEM THEY SHOULD BE PROCESSED MANUALLY AND AMOUNT SANCTIONED AND DISBURSED TO EMPLOYEES WITHOUT ANY DELAY.
2.Recruitment process in Group B : Committee expressed its dismay on cancellation of recruitment process of group B staff at an advanced stage and indicated that the non availability of feeder channel will not be in good stead for NABARD and also that Officers also require adequate support system to ensure smooth functioning of the organization.
CHAIRMAN EXPLAINED THE CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH THE RECRUITMENT HAS TO BE CANCELLED AND ASSURED THE COMMITTEE THAT RECRUITMENT PROCESS WILL BE INITIATED SHORTLY AFTER AN ASSESSMENT OF STAFF STRENGTH WILL BE MADE ONCE HRMS AND CLMS GET GROUNDED, MAY BE AUGUST/SEPTEMBER.
3. Extension of Probation period of Probationary Officers on account of their participation in MCL call given by NBOA: The committee expressed its deep anguish on the issue and it was DECIDED BY THE CHAIRMAN TO REVOKE THE EXTENSION OF PROBATION PERIOD OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS.
4.Career Progression of Grade ‘A’ & ‘B’ Officers : Committee requested immediate filling up of 2012 panel for grade ‘B’ and grade ‘C’ and impressed upon the chairman that Staff rules permit filling up of vacancies irrespective of availability of fresh eligible candidates for promotion process.
CHAIRMAN INDICATED THAT THE PROMOTION PROCESS FOR PANEL YEAR 2012 IS ALREADY UNDERWAY AND NBOA CAN SIT WITH HRMD IN THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2012 SO AS TO FINALISE THE VACANCIES ETC. AND THE PROMOTION PROCESS MAY BE INITIATED ACCORDINGLY AS PER THE STAFF RULES. HE ALSO VERY GRACIOUSLY INDICATED THAT IF REQUIRED BANK WILL CONSIDER GRANTING INTERIM PROMOTIONS TOO SO THAT DEMOTIVATION DOESN’T SETS IN AMONG THE OFFICERS.
CHAIRMAN ALSO INFORMED THAT A COMMITTEE OF CGMs HAS BEEN ASKED TO LOOK INTO THE APPLICABILITY AND ADAPATABILITY IN NABARD OF RBI’s PROMOTION POLICY. ONCE THE COMMITTEE SUBMITS ITS SUGGESTION THE SAME WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH NBOA BEFORE BEING PLACED TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
5. Holiday Homes for group B staff : Committee indicated that due to change inthe policy governing the holiday homes for group B staff the facility has been denied to group ‘B’ staff.
CHAIRMAN INDICATED THAT DECISION HAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN TO OPEN HOLIDAY HOMES AT 6/7 CENTRES, INCLUDING AT SHIRDI & TIRUPATI AND IF HOLIDAY HOMES ARE REQUIRED AT SOME OTHER PLACES TOO THEN IT COULD BE CONSIDERED SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THE FACILITY MAY BE UTILISED UPTO A DESIRED LEVEL.
6. PAR format: Committee indicated its strong reservation on introducing of a clause on ‘Suitability of an officer above 50 years of age on continuation in services’ in the Par format. Committee indicated a review system, basically on the basis of health parameters in case of all employees of 55 years and above is already existing so this clause , that too for officers above 50 years of age is not at all desirable in the PAR format.
CHAIRMAN EXPRESSED ITS SURPRISE ON THE CHANGE EFFECTED TO BY HRMD IN THIS REGARD AND DIRECTED IMMEDIATE REVERTING BACK TO OLD SYSTEM OF SEPARATE REVIEW IN CASE OF OFFICERS ABOVE 55 YEARS OF AGE AND DIRECTED THE HRMD TO SUITABLY AMEND THE PAR FORMAT.
7. Sanction of eligible leave to Officers who reported late to their new centres on transfer: Committee once again reiterated its request to sanction eligible leaves, instead of EOL to all those officers who reported late to their new centres after their transfers to new place of posting due to certain exigencies.
CHAIRMAN CALLED UPON NBOATO IMPRESS UPON ITS MEMBERS TO NOT TO RESORT SUCH STEPS AND THEY SHOULD REPORT TO NEW PLACE OF POSTING WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME. NBOA ASSURED THE SAME. CHAIRMAN INSTRUCTED THE HRMD TO ISSUE SUITABLE INSTRUCTIONS TO REGULARISE THE LEAVES OF ALL THE CONCERNED OFFICERS AS PER THE ELIGIBLE LEAVE AVAILABLE TO THEM.
8. Other issues: Committee also raised other issues such as Circular on right to appeal, providing infra-structure in canteens/lounge, LTC issues, Staff quarters retention, DDMs related issue on retention of staff quarters, mobile phone etc..
CHAIRMAN DIRECTED HRMD TO DISCUSS WITH NBOA/NBEA AND RESOLVE THE ISSUE. THE DISCUSSIONS WITH ASSOCIATIONS SHALL BE HELD LATEST BY AUGUST 2012.
CHAIRMAN ALSO INDICATED THAT A CONFIDENCE BUILDING MEASURES ARE REQUIRED TO BE PUT IN PLACE SO THAT BOTH THE ASSOCIATIONS WORK IN TANDEM WITH MANAGEMENT TO SAFEGUARD THE LARGER INTEREST OF NABARD. HE ASSURED THAT BESIDES FORMAL DISCUSSIONS AND OPENING UP OF COMMUNICATION CHANNEL, HE WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DISCUSS ANY ISSUE OF IMPORTANCE EVEN AT SHORT NOTICES.
The Committee then desired that minutes of the Meeting indicating the decisions taken be prepared and provided to both the associations today itself , to which HRMD agreed to and the same were provided to both the associations on 10/07/2012 itself. Subsequent to this , both the associations once again met ED (SKM) and CGM-HRMD to discuss a few points of importance laid down in minutes and necessary response from association was given to HRMD to keep it on records.
The Committee thanked the chairman and both the EDs for their statesmanship and expressed hope that goodwill and atmosphere of trust so created shall continue and bank will look into the reasons too which led to such a situation where both AINBEA and AINBOA has to resort to agitation path.
IN VIEW OF THE ABOVE THE DECISION TO BOYCOT THE CELEBERATION ON FOUNDATION DAY HAVE BEEN WITHDRAWAN AS A RECIPROCATION TO GESTURE OF THE BANK.
We once again thank all the officers and staff for the Unity shown by you all, which forced the bank to call, discuss and resolve the issues. We also request all of you to remain vigilant and active to thwart any curtailments in our well earned rights and dignity of the Officers and Staff community.
(V.K.Bhosle) (Dr D S Chauhan)
General Secretary General Secretary