Meeting dated 15/01/2014 on Promotion Policy
At the outset we express our gratitude to you and to the HRMD for initiating a discussion on the captioned issue and more importantly for not only giving a patient hearing to our views, concern and suggestions on the subject matter but also for taking certain decisions which have far reaching positive effect on organizational development as also career progression of the officers. May we request your good-self for an early implementation of the following decisions taken at the meeting on 15/01/2014.
- Constitution of a committee of CGMs and two representatives from AINBOA to review and redraft a new ‘Promotion & Recruitment Policy’ for being put up to the BoDs subsequently for approval, specially keeping in view many of the provisions in the present policy such as Residual service concept, cooling period concept, PAR cut-offs from retrospectives dates etc. etc.
- Constitution of a committee of CGMs to relook into the aspect of seniority list as fixed post merger of services.
- Formulation and approval of promotion policy in respect of other services viz. Rajbhasa, Protocol & Security and Secretarial services.
- Granting of PP to all the eligible officers who were promoted on or before 31/12/2012.
- To bring down the cut-off level in the written test for Grade ‘C’ to ‘D’ from the present level of 80% keeping in view that the cutoff point in RBI is pegged at 50%.
- To reassess the vacancies and effect the promotions in grade ‘B’ to ‘C’ keeping in view that the DDMs postings shall be reckoned towards grade ‘C’ and also the fact that there has been no promotion under ‘B’ to ‘C’ in last two years.
- No direct recruitment in lateral levels is contemplated.
- Bank will pursue with GoI for restoration of posts of Executive Directors.
(Dr. D.S . Chauhan)