Please refer to fax dated 08/01/2014 (inadvertently mentioned as 2013) on the subject matter. In this connection the following is humbly submitted-
1. Thanks for granting NBOA the much required and desired audience on one of the most important and hotly contested issue.
2. Keeping in view the sensitivity of the issue and the stakes involved, we request you to allow us to bring in a little larger representative group of the NBOA at the important discussions.
3. We thus propose to have a delegation from NBOA comprising of President , VP , GS , OS , Treasurer and our 6 Zonal Secretaries North (Sri VK Pahwa) , South (Sri S Narsimha Rao), Central (Sri BV Rao), West (Sri Srivatsa), East (Sri A. Bajpai) and North East (Sri J Samudre).
4. Regarding the points of discussions, by and large, we propose to discuss the issue based on the WP filed by the NBOA in Hon'ble Mumbai High Court and a copy of which is already available with the bank.
5. Still for the sake of clarity the following issues shall form the basis of the discussions as far as NBOA is concerned-
a) Built in Ambiguity in and discriminatory nature of the selection (promotion) policy 2013.
b) Ambiguities and discrimination arising out due to recasting of Seniority list in various grades post merger of services.
c) Multiple levels of cut-off parameters introduced in the policy with retrospective effect in clear violation of Sec 60 (4) of NABARD Act, 1981.
d) Effecting the promotions in grade 'C' from grade 'B' with immediate effect.
e) No recruitment of officers as DRs in any lateral position including grade 'B'.
f) Frustration and demotivation arising out of concept of residual service and cooling period.
g) Non formulation of Promotion Policy for other services i.e. Rajbhasa, P& S and Secretarial services.
h) Release of PP benefits to all the officers in grades 'B' and 'D' who have been promoted under the old promotion policy i.e. prior to panel year 2013 promotions.
NBOA is also of the view that all of the above contentious issues can be sorted out at the Hon'ble Chairman's level itself as board has vested all the powers in him under paragraph 15 of the the Selection policy 2013 under reference.
Dr D S Chauhan