Dear Unit Secretary,
The following is clarified regarding contribution towards Legal and contingency fund-
1. At the National Council Meeting held at Mumbai in October'12 it was decided that a fund by the name of 'Legal & Contingency Fund ' may be created.
2. It was decided that this fund will be managed by a committee of office-bearers and the fund will be managed in a separate bank account.
3. IT WAS DECIDED THAT THE INITIAL CORPUS OF THE FUND WILL BE GENERATED BY COLLECTING RS 2500.00 FROM ALL THOSE OFFICERS WHO WERE NOT ABLE TO PARTICIPATE ON THE MASS CASUAL LEAVE DATED 28/02/2012 AND HENCE THEY WERE NOT SUBJECTED TO WAGE-CUT BY THE BANK.
4. IT WAS ALSO DECIDED THAT CONTRIBUTION MAY BE SOUGHT FOR FROM ALL OTHER MEMBERS TOO WITHOUT ANY PRESCRIBED AMOUNTS.
5. SUBSEQUENT TO THIS MANY UNITS APPROACHED US ASKING THAT A MINIMUM AMOUNT MAY BE FIXED/PRESCRIBED TOWARDS CONTRIBUTION BY MEMBERS, OTHER THAN THOSE FALLING UNDER RS.2500.00 CATEGORY TOO.
6. THUS AT THE OFFICE-BEARERS MEETING OF NBOA HELD AT MUMBAI AT THE TIME OF FILING THE WP IN MUMBAI HIGH COURT AND AS PER THE DISCUSSIONS HELD WITH THOSE OFFICE BEARERS WHO COULD NOT ATTEND THE MEETING IT WAS DECIDED THAT A MINIMUM SUM OF RS. 1000.00 PER MEMBER MAY BE COLLECTED FROM ALL THE MEMBERS (RS.2500.00 FROM THOSE WHO WERE NOT SUBJECTED TO WAGE CUT). ACCORDINGLY ALL THE UNITS HAVE STARTED THE COLLECTION. THIS DECISION WAS RATIFIED BY THE NATIONAL COUNCIL AT ITS MEETING AT LUCKNOW (28-30 JANUARY'13).
AS SUCH ALL THE UNITS ARE REQUESTED TO ABIDE BY THIS STIPULATION AND COMPLETE THE FUNDS COLLECTION, IN ANY CASE BY 23/02/2013 AND REPORT BACK TO US THE COLLECTION.
THIS MAY BE TREATED AS URGENT AS NBOA IS REQUIRED TO SPEND HEFTILY ON THE WP FILED AT MUMBAI HIGH COURT.
DR D S CHAUHAN